Thursday, February 7, 2013

Day 32 - Yoga pants.

I'm trying to get ready for my trip, but it's hard with twin toddlers and a full-time + job. When I run out for errands, I typically have very little time... and very little makeup if any. Yoga pants are my go-to, especially with Barre3 in my life. I can wear them at work and be ready to squeeze in a workout between calls. As Lesley will tell you though, I also usually run errands in yoga pants. My 16 year-old self would be mortified. I know. I'm not proud...

For a long time, I was wearing them because I had ill fitting jeans. Now it's just because I'm always rushed and lets face it, a little lazy.

Today I was at the nail salon in said yoga pants getting my toes done for the Grammys. There was an older woman a couple of stations down from me who was dressed impeccably. Hair, makeup, accessories... the works. She kept staring at me. Of course, my inner monologue went something like:
"Ok, lady. I get it. I'm a hot mess. You can put your eyeballs back in their sockets now. We aren't all millionaire housewives. Give me a flippin break." When I moved over to get my fingers done, she was right next to me... still staring... right at my yoga pants. I felt obligated to say something. I wanted her to know that I know it's not ok. I felt the need to defend my honor for fear she'd call Joan Rivers on me.

Me: "Busy day..."
Her: "Oh?"
Me: "Yep, between work and the kids, I didn't even have time to get properly dressed. (nervous giggle).
Her: "I couldn't help but notice your yoga pants."
My inner monologue: Here it comes...
Her: "They look great on you.  Can I ask where you got them?"
My inner monologue: Listen, I know I don't look like I work out, but I swear I... wait. What?
Me: "Um. Sure... "

Someone on planet earth admired my yoga pant look. I can't believe it. A month ago, someone in the grocery store thought I was pregnant. This is a much better feeling. I could kiss Sadie Lincoln. Another Barre3 miracle, folks. Let's hope it translates to looking decent in my dress. It comes tomorrow! Eeeek!

I could also slip my wedding rings off at manicure time! I usually leave them on because it takes about a gallon of Crisco to get them off. I sure do love the feeling of getting smaller and less puffy. It's worth all the hard work... and lack of wine... and chocolate... and cheese... and grains...  Right?

Last night's dinner (and today's lunch) of "a little of this, a little of that" stir fry came out yummy:


Ok, now back to work for me so I can "clock out" in time to get some good snuggles in with these little dudes tonight.



xo,
Jenn



No comments:

Post a Comment