Monday, February 4, 2013

Day 29 - ...and feelin' fine.

Well, I woke up this morning feeling sort of awful. Sluggish, stiff, and my stomach was upset. I'm calling it a junk food hangover. It was just the wakeup call I needed though. It's not like I was doubting the fact that this way of eating is best, but to feel my body writhing in protest is more than enough to keep me on the straight and narrow. Lesson learned. Moving on.

For those of you that ended the challenge yesterday, tread lightly... and I strongly recommend that you steer clear of pub cheese.

So, I'm now in the home stretch before Grammy weekend. I was looking at my arms this morning and willing them to get awesome. Lesley's arms are looking AMAZING. I have hope! I had yogurt and berries with walnuts for breakfast. I miss my Muesli, but no grain no gain, right? I had a busy morning at work, and then tried a new workout. The 40 minute Wisdom with Sadie. It's definitely my new favorite. LOTS of arm combo work. Seriously, my arms are still shaky as I type this. I'm telling you... I think she can read my thoughts.

For those of you that are just starting the challenge, I'll share what has been working best for me. I followed the challenge to the letter the first two weeks and had awesome results. Week 3, I felt like it waned a little bit. I know I was still building muscle... it was more of just a feeling. Then I started the 3 workouts a day routine and started seeing quick results again. Just a 30-40 minute in the morning, 10-15 minutes of something in the afternoon (I do the TreadClimber) and then a 10 minute Barre3 workout after dinner. Those extra little quickies really got my body to pay attention. Then, when I cut grains, I felt it even more. I don't think I'll keep grains out forever, but definitely if I feel like I hit a rut. It's funny though, with nuts and sweet potatoes, I don't really miss the grains other than at breakfast time.

Also with the trifecta of movement in the day, I'm earning way more NikeFuel points. Most of my workouts go relatively unnoticed by the FuelBand... Barre is so fluid as is the TreadClimber... but I'm just staying more active. I had my best week ever!


This thing is training me to move more. I had an 11 day streak going until last weekend... that Sunday I wrote a song and recorded it so I wouldn't forget and then worked on my book for a few hours. I have a lot of hobbies that involve sitting on my tush. On those days, I'll try to get outside and get some bigger movement to offset it. Still though, I'm thinking about it habitually which is new to me, so hey.

A shout out to my friends Stephanie and Sarah who have signed up for Barre3 this week! You ladies are going to love it. Know that I will be here for you anytime you need me! I'm taking this thing to 90 days (at least!), so we'll be in it together!

xo
Jenn






1 comment:

  1. Woo Hoo! (I also had the yogurt/berries/nuts breakfast.) After the super stressful day I'm having at work, I'm really looking forward to the workout.

    You rock!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete